You can find information about our performance on the Queensland Health website for the following hospitals:
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital
- Caloundra Health Service
- Gympie Hospital
- Maleny Hospital
- Nambour Hospital.
Patient Reported Experience Measures (PREM)
We use a once-off online survey to measure patient experience. We invite inpatients by SMS to tell us about their recent experience through the online survey within 48 hours of their discharge from our facilities.
The survey captures the patient's:
- perception of what happened during their health care visit
- views about their hospital experience
- satisfaction with our health service.
Recent PREM scores
Overall rating of care - Inpatient quality of care is ‘very good’.
Sunshine Coast Health compared to the Queensland Health average:
| Mar |
| Apr |
| May |
| Jun |
| Jul |
| Aug |
| Sept |
| Oct |
| Nov |
| Dec |
| Jan |
| Feb |
| Mar |
|Rate QH wide||70.0%||72.0%||71.0%||72.0%||73.0%||72.0%||74.0%||74.0%||73.0%||73.0%||69.9%||72.0%||70.0%|
Source: QuestLink (extracted 28/04/2022)
Examples of improvements made in response to PREM feedback
- We've developed a virtual birth suite Sunshine Coast University Hospital tour.
- We've changed our antenatal classes (CAPE) to an online format with positive feedback.
- We've displayed more Ryan’s Rule posters in key areas of our health service.
- We've completed refurbishment of the Gympie Maternity birthing suite.
- We're trialing the new 'yellow envelope' communication tool to support continuity of care between registered aged care facilities and the health service.