Referral processes for GPs and other health professionals.
Clinical assessment, management and referral advice for referring health providers.
Integrate Smart Referrals with your GP software to send referrals to Queensland public hospitals.
Health Provider Portal
Access your patient’s healthcare details in the Health Provider Portal.
Public Health Unit
The Public Health Unit aims to minimise ill-health and mortality from communicable and vaccine-preventable diseases and environmental health hazards.
Find out more about the Public Health Unit.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patient care
There are resources and guidelines available on the Queensland Health website if you’re working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients. You can also find out about:
- how to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people [PDF 341 kB]
- guidelines for caring for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through death and dying [PDF 453 kB]
- guidelines for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander terminology [PDF 207 kB]
- Reconciliation Australia: Beyond the myths
- culturally appropriate services in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services Reference guide [PDF 1715.93 kB].
Educational opportunities, healthcare contacts and other resources for GPs and health professionals.
GPs with special interests
If you’re a GP and have an interest in a particular specialty area, you may like to join our GP with special interest program.
Find a GP
Are you a healthcare provider wanting to see a GP? Find a GP interested in treating other doctors as patients [PDF 227 KB].
Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service has developed handover bags for the return of clothing and other personal effects to families in a respectful and sensitive way, following the death of a patient. Find out more about the SCHHS bereavement bags.
Last updated: August 2022