We promote health and wellbeing at a community level and work closely with our industry partners to:
- coordinate and respond to disease outbreaks
- provide training and clinical support for immunization programs including school-based vaccination programs
- coordinate local responses to environmental health risks
- monitor compliance with public health legislation in relation to food safety and standards, water quality, tobacco control and regulation of drugs and poisons
- undertake health surveillance to observe health status and disease trends
- provide specialist public health advice which equips health services and local businesses to effectively plan and implement effective health programs.
You can contact the Public Health Unit by:
- Phone: 1300 017 190
- Fax: 07 5202 9889
- Email: SCPHU@health.qld.gov.au
- Post: PO Box 577, Maroochydore, Qld 4558.
The Queensland Health website also has information on:
- disease prevention in education and care services, including information about exclusion time for contagious conditions and management of gastroenteritis outbreaks
- immunization, including resources for the immunization schedule in Queensland, the School Immunization Program and Immunization fact sheets in different languages
- population health data and statistics, including links to cancer and other non-communicable disease clusters, communicable disease surveillance reports and preventive health reports.