GP Liaison Unit (GPLU)
The GPLU is the interface between general practice and our hospital and health service. Our team consists of GPs who are also GP Liaison Officers (GPLO) and administrative support officers.
The role of the GPLU in our hospital and health service has grown in recent years and includes:
- improving the patient journey between community and our hospital and health service
- local GP engagement, relationship building and communications
- capturing and investigating GP feedback, complaints and concerns
- coordinating and hosting our GP education program in collaboration with the Primary Health Network (PHN)
- internal hospital and health service advisory role in continuous quality improvement and innovative new models of care
- internal and external project management and implementation
- strong partnership with the local PHN
- working with the state-wide GP Liaison Network.
The GPLU has helped to deliver some important achievements for the Sunshine Coast area, including:
- the Same Day Discharge Summary Project
- the GPs with Special Interests Program
- Primary Care Fracture Clinics
- GP Smart Referrals
- Clinical Prioritisation Criteria (CPC).
You can contact the GPLU in the following ways:
- Phone: 07 5202 3822
- Fax: 07 5202 1044
- Email: SCHHS-GPLO@health.qld.gov.au
- Address: Sunshine Coast University Hospital, 6 Doherty Street, Birtinya Qld 4560
- Mailing address: PO Box 5340, Sunshine Coast MC, Qld 4560
Waitlist and appointment information
You can contact the Referral Centre GP Priority Line to:
- check the waitlist for your patient
- find out when they have an appointment
- for other questions about triage and declined referrals.
Contact numbers for Clinicians only:
- GP Priority Phone: 07 5202 6633 (for clinicians only)
- Referral Centre Fax: 07 5202 0555 (for clinicians only).
Patients can contact the Referral centre on 07 5202 0000.
You can also access patient information from the hospital’s Clinical Information Access department, also known as medical records, for the purpose of ongoing care. Find out more about accessing your patient’s medical records.
For pathology enquiries, clinicians can call 07 5202 2111.
For medical imaging enquiries, clinicians can call 07 5202 3333.
Health Provider Portal (HPP)
For access to the Health Provider Portal (HPP), you need to have a QGov login account. You’ll also need to have registered and active professional practice details. Find out how to create a new HPP account in the Queensland Health training and support resources. You can get help with any technical issues by calling 1300 478 439.
STS Address Book
For GPs to update their details to get electronic correspondence from Queensland Health sites or any other STS Address Book:
To contact the HealthPathways Team for support and login details: