You can download our organisational chart [PDF 161.94 kB] to learn about the structure of the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service.
Dr Peter Gillies is the Chief Executive responsible for:
- clinical governance, education and research
- information and infrastructure
- people and culture
- legal, commercial and governance.
Executive Director Medical Services
Dr Marlene Pearce is the Executive Director responsible for:
- professional leadership — Medical
- safety, quality and innovation
- clinical education and interprofessional learning
- clinical lead digital health.
Executive Director Nursing and Midwifery
Ms Suzanne Metcalf is the Executive Director responsible for:
- professional leadership — Nursing and Midwifery.
Executive Director Allied Health
Dr Gemma Turato is the Executive Director responsible for:
- professional leadership — Allied Health
- Allied Health education.
Chief Finance Officer
Karen Dean is the Acting Executive Director responsible for:
- financial management
- financial operations
- procurement and contracts
- Public, Private Partnership (PPP) contract management
- enterprise project management office.
Chief Operating Officer
Joanne Shaw is the Executive Director responsible for:
- clinical services
- facility management
- Patient Access Coordination Hub (PACH)
- emergency and business continuity
- operational support services
- COVID-19 response team.
Senior Director Digital health and Technology
Jake Penrose is the Senior Director responsible for:
- ICT and digital health
- ICT strategy and architecture
- cyber security
- clinical information services.
Senior Director Capital Assets and Infrastructure
Andrew Leggate is the Senior Director responsible for:
- assets and infastructure
- major capital projects
- health service planning.
Executive Director Legal and Governance
Julian Tommei is the Executive Director responsible for:
- Office of the Health Service Chief Executive
- corporate governance
- communications and media
- legal services
- internal audit
- ethics and integrity.
Senior Director Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
Sharon Barry is the Senior Director responsible for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services
- cultural capability.
Executive Director People and Culture
Silven Simmons is the Acting Executive Director responsible for:
- workforce planning, capability and engagement
- workplace safety and wellbeing
- workforce operations