We offer more than 2000 nursing, midwifery and allied health student placements a year. This is in partnership with the Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI) partners and other Education Providers (EPs).
To apply for a placement, you’ll need to talk to your education provider. We don’t accept requests direct from students.
If you’re an education provider and have a student who is interested, check if your education provider has a current Deed and Memorandum of Understanding.
Our SCHI education partners
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- TAFE Queensland
- Griffith University.
Read more about clinical placements on the Queensland Health website.
We also offer graduate opportunities for nurses and midwives.
Students attending placement at our facilities
You need to complete the Student Minimum Pre-Placement Requirements form [PDF 136.81 kB] before your first day of placement and bring it with you on your first day.
In some limited circumstances, there are exemptions [PDF 239.38 kB] to these requirements.
To get to know more about us and our student placements, read the Nursing Student Orientation Manual [PDF 503 kB] or the Midwifery student placement information [PDF 481 kB].
We support your practice and safe patient care through our TAKE 5 initiative [PDF 281 kB].
Sunshine Coast University Hospital placements
There are 17 clinical placements, these include in the following areas:
- Acute Geriatrics Stroke and Neurology [PDF 177 kB]
- Mental Health - Adolescent Health Acute Inpatient Unit [PDF 209 kB]
- Intensive Care Unit and Paediatric Critical Care Unit [PDF 181 kB]
- Cardiac Care Unit [PDF 132 kB]
- Child and Adolescent Unit [PDF 177 kB]
- Department of Emergency Medicine [PDF 182 kB]
- Extended Day Surgery Unit [PDF 251 kB]
- General Surgical [PDF 178 kB]
- Haematology and Oncology Unit [PDF 176 kB]
- Mental Health - Older Persons Inpatient Unit [PDF 176 kB]
- Mental Health - Adult Acute Inpatient unit [PDF 180 kB]
- Operating Suites [PDF 176 kB]
- Orthopaedic Surgical Unit [PDF 130 kB]
- Rehabilitation Unit [PDF 131 kB]
- Renal and General Medicine [PDF 170 kB]
- Respiratory, Infectious Diseases and General Medicine [PDF 130 kB]
- Surgical – ENT, Plastics, Vascular, General Surgical Unit [PDF 169 kB].
Nambour General Hospital placements
There are 7 clinical placements, these include in the following areas:
- Medical Assessment and Planning Unit [PDF 179 kB]
- Medical Inpatient Unit [PDF 213 kB]
- Operating suites [PDF 128 kB]
- Surgical Inpatient Unit [PDF 165 kB]
- Acute and Restorative Care for the Older Person [PDF 179 kB]
- Department of Emergency [PDF 177 kB]
- Mental Health [PDF 176 kB].
Gympie Hospital placements
There are 4 clinical placements, these include in the following areas:
- Acute Services Unit [PDF 180 kB]
- Department of Emergency Medicine and Close Observation Care Area [PDF 177 kB]
- Extended Services Unit [PDF 177 kB]
- Operating suite [PDF 175 kB].
Caloundra Health Service placements
There are 3 clinical placements, these include in the following areas:
- Minor Injury and Illness Clinic [PDF 175 kB]
- Palliative Care Unit [PDF 189 kB]
- Renal Unit [PDF 129 kB].
Maleny Soldiers Memorial Hospital placements
Because the hospital is a small rural facility, this placement includes various clinical areas. The hospital has an emergency department, an antenatal and postnatal clinic and a movement disorder outpatient clinic. There is also an inpatient unit that typically caters to rehabilitation, palliative care and general medical patients.
Contact the Student Hub
If you have any questions about our student placements, you can email the Student Hub at SC.firstname.lastname@example.org.